Thursday, August 13, 2009

August 13,2009/1

I feel like an idiot. I completely missed this market run - which for most people won't go long term until Sept-Oct-Nov. My 22-year-old son is mad at me for convincing him to hold 20% of his funds in cash. People I don't consider very smart are jangling coin and dancing in the aisles; people I consider perceptive are like me, staring gloomily from the sidelines, unable to believe that issues like toxic assets and unemployment have either vanished or no longer matter. It would appear that all that counts are corporate "profits" based on getting rid of people and squeezing suppliers. The good news from Europe comes from France & Germany, nations of savers. It's all about mood-momentum. And the fact that Goldman has gotten away with gaming the bailout the way it has makes me nauseous. Help me, someone, in my moment of agony!
And I like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment