Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 29, 2009/5

Generally speaking, there have been few times in my life when I wished I was a woman - but I do so now when I receive my friend Camilla Dietz Bergeron's monthly newsletter. Camilla and I have been friends for 35 years. She was a founder of the legendary Wall Street firm known as Furman Selz (the full name, let posterity be aware, was Furman Selz Mager Dietz and Birney). When the firm was sold, Camilla was able to indulge her life's passion and ambition: to deal in vintage and estate jewelry, and she set up in trade with her friend Gus Davis, who did jewelry at Sotheby's. Let me tell you, folks, Camilla and Gus are the goods! Impeccable taste, a high level of inspiration, impeccable service, originality, fair prices. And Camilla sets it all down in a fantastic newsletter that has me drooling and pricing sex-change surgery when it arrives. Sign up for it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment